How do I make a referral?

Any Dorset, Hampshire, Somerset or Wiltshire agency may refer to the Family Counselling Trust service. 

These agencies include GPs, Schools, Paediatricians, CAMHS, Children’s Centres as well as other VCS partners. There is a standard referral form that needs to be completed.

Please note that all referrals must meet our criteria (see, how we can help), and provision of counselling is subject to availability of funds at the time of application.


Complete the referral or self referral form, by following the links below.

Please Note: Due to high demand for its services FCT Somerset is not able for the time being to accept self-referrals.


Referral FormSelf Referral Form


Select your county and send your form to the details provided


Keep an eye on your phone and inbox.  We will be back in touch asap. 

If you havent already, take a look at how we can help you.


How we can help


STEP FOUR: Take a look at the video below